IT Support Specialist
The Ark Church is looking for a passionate, quick-learning, self-motivating and ministry-minded individual to join our IT Team. As the IT Support Specialist, you will be the first line of support for the technology used by our staff, volunteers, and attendees. You’ll be a part of a team that works hard and fast to provide a high level of customer service and technical expertise. Working for The Ark is more than a job, it’s a calling!
- Responding to support tickets in a friendly, effective & timely fashion
- Troubleshooting diverse hardware and software issues
- Proactively researching the internet for answers to your growing list of questions
- Rapidly tracking every task that crosses your desk
- Working with our other more experienced team members to complete projects & keep our technology in great shape
- Using your skills as an organized problem-solver
- Installing, maintaining and updating all IT equipment, large and small
- Other duties as assigned
- Consistent, friendly, and efficient IT Support to staff and volunteers.
- Deliver necessary training to end-users on technology as needed
- Create Great Environments by constantly looking to improve IT support and processes
- Familiarity with all major device operating systems (Mac, iOS, Windows, Android)
- Troubleshoot issues via our helpdesk systems and maintains updated status on tickets
- Performs scheduled maintenance and updates to computers, peripherals, and network equipment as needed
- Responsible for keeping all devices in an efficient and functional state
- Maintains inventory of all hardware and consumables used
- Works with IT Team on purchases, proposed improvements and changes as needed
- Working knowledge of modern computer operating systems (Mac, Windows, Server OS’s)
- Knowledge in mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- At least 1 year of experience in computer software and hardware maintenance
- General understanding and proficiency of network technologies and processes
- Ability to be a self-starter with a coachable attitude, a passion for learning and a demonstrable intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with proven experience interacting with a range of personalities and styles, to establish effective relationships at all levels of an organization
- Able to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures, and grasp technical concepts
- Manage competing demands, multiple priorities, while remaining adaptable and flexible
- Heart and calling to use technology to empower ministry to reach people for Christ
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Experience in supporting end-users in a small-business or corporate environment
- A+ Certification is a plus but not required
9am - 5pm Monday & Thursday
9am - 8:00pm Tuesday
11am - 8:30pm - Wednesday
7am - 1pm Sunday
Other hours as assigned for special projects and approved for by the direct report.
We value our staff and our staff value their role and the impact they make in transforming lives for Jesus. We place great importance on who we are as well as what we do. If you meet the requirements below please submit your cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com. We respectfully request No Phone Calls Please.
Administrative Assistant in the Volunteer Department
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant in the Volunteer department who has strong communication skills, is detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated. The qualified person will have the ability to work independently and work well as part of a team. You must be a fast learner, goal-oriented, with strong computer and writing skills. This person must also have excellent people skills and the ability to multitask. This position is more than a job it is a calling.
Ideal Personality Traits:
3-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant preferred. Outgoing, dependable, energetic, with a sense of humor, strong work ethic, positive, professional, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate must be passionate about getting people connected to the ideal department within the church. You must be a strong motivator, and work with a servant’s heart. This position requires incredible customer service and problem-solving skills. If you are bilingual it is helpful, but not required.
This job requires motivating people to become and stay connected to the church. Igniting a passion for people to serve the Lord.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, One Note).
- Process and review volunteer applications, keeping all information confidential.
- Connecting volunteers with the right department for the benefit of the volunteer and the department.
- Plan, assist, coordinate volunteer events, and projects.
- Write, edit, compose, and send volunteer communication.
- Management of volunteers in person, online, and within the church’s volunteer management software.
- Run weekly reports on volunteer applications, background checks, and departmental follow up.
- Incredible customer service skills.
Other duties as assigned.
Schedule: 40+ hours/week, Sunday - Thursday
If you meet our requirements please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AK Care Positions
AK Care positions are available for those 18 years or older who are friendly, dependable, and great with children. Hours vary and include some evenings and weekends. If you are interested please complete the application and email it to email@example.com or drop it off at the church office.
Ideal Personality: Great with children, patient, dependable, punctual, team player, flexible, positive, energetic, coachable, and responsible.
Passion for: Creating a great environment for children that is loving, safe, and fun.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Provide your own transportation
- Able to care for children birth-5th grade
- Capable of lifting, bending, and playing on the floor
- Engaging with children through creative play, crafts, games, etc.
- General room set-up, clean-up, toy disinfecting, and occasional light laundry
- Other duties as assigned
Work Hours: Part-time hours vary and include some evenings/weekends as events occur and schedule requires.
**Childcare is unavailable for this position.
If you meet our requirements, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the application below
AK Care Positions
We currently have two part-time, hourly positions on our Logistics Team we are looking to fill! This position works well for and has had great success with college students.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong work ethic and a servant's heart. The Logistics Team works behind the scenes to enhance every environment of The Ark Church.
Our team members are:
• Detail attentive
• Natural leaders
• Flexible & dependable
• Capable of consistent heavy lifting
• Able to follow written/verbal orders accurately
• Great with time management
• Self-starters that can thrive in independent work with the absence of supervision
• Partner with the Logistics Coordinator in leading the team by creating expectations of time management
• Delegate and participate in the logistical set-up, tear-down and cleaning for events, meetings, and other activities (including items on the long term project lists).
• Create, communicate, and maintain daily to-do lists
• Be present & active at the beginning of day huddles for the Logistics Team to ensure the above tasks are done safely, timely, and efficiently.
• Perform detailed walkthrough checks before services & events.
• Train new Logistics team members (both staff and volunteers).
• Regularly perform tasks requiring heavy lifting -- transport boxes, furniture, etc.
• Cultivate an outlook to offer safe, appealing, engaging, and helpful environments in every situation that needs it.
• Other duties as assigned.
Work Hours: Hourly, base schedule of 14-20 hours per week with Sunday rotation. Flexible as needed, including occasional weekends for special events.
If you meet our requirements please send your resume to email@example.com. We respectfully request no phone calls, please.