Employment at the Ark
The Ark Church greatly values its employees and provides a fun, Christ-centered, fast-paced work environment. To accomplish our mission of connecting people to Christ and equipping them for growth and ministry, The Ark Church is committed to employing the most talented and qualified individuals for each position.
To apply for any of our job opportunities, please send your resume and reference information to email@example.com (only complete submissions will be considered). Please include the position name for which you are applying in the email subject line. No phone calls, please.
Ark Reach Administrative Assistant
Position: Full-Time Administrative Assistant, Café and Carts Team Coordinator
Ministry: Reach Department
Reports: Reach Pastor and Executive Pastor
We are looking to fill a position in our Reach Department with a person who is detail-oriented and enjoys multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate must have proven interpersonal and leadership skills, along with the ability to execute all tasks with a high level of accuracy, discretion, and professionalism. The ideal candidate has strong time management skills and is a reliable self-starter.
If you meet the requirements below, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We respectfully request no phone calls, please.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
• Administrative Assistant for the Reach Department
Phone Calls / Emails / General Questions
- Operations Meeting (Reach Team Representative)
- Other Duties as Assigned
• Missions Café
Manage the Café Budget
- Reconcile Billing (Café, Sam’s, etc.)
- Purchase Café Supplies
- Run Café Operations (Proper set up, function and closing)
- Efficient Equipment Management
- Maintain Vendor Relationships
Train and Equip Team Leaders and Volunteers
• Local Outreaches
Volunteer Training Meetings
- Create check-in for Volunteers in our CRM database, ROCK
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Carts Team Staff Lead
▪ Miscellaneous events that happen on weekends
Lighting and Systems Technician
The Ark Church in Conroe, Texas (just north of Houston) is seeking a Lighting and Systems Technician who has a passion for participating in the planning, set-up, operation, and maintenance of audio, video, and lighting equipment for worship services, conferences, and special events. Working under the Technical Director to bring excellence, execution, and leadership to the Production Dept.
This position will have a strong emphasis on lighting and provide an incredible opportunity to grow, refine, and/or develop new skills. We are looking for a self-starter, motivated, problem-solving, action-oriented person. Organization and administration are a must with the flexibility to both lead and follow, respond quickly and efficiently to on-call situations, and work a flexible schedule.
We value our staff, and our employees value their role and the impact they make in transforming lives for Jesus. We place great importance on who we are as well as what we do. If you meet the requirements below, please submit your cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com. We respectfully request No phone calls, please.
Do you often ask yourself the following questions?
- Are you looking for a Job? Or a ministry where you have a purpose? Where you can belong?
- Looking to grow spiritually while getting to be a part of ministry? Looking for more than a Job?
- Do you know your way around a grandMA3 console?
- Are you familiar with Vectorworks/Google SketchUp? Want to Learn?
- Know the difference in conventional, LED, Intelligent/Moving fixtures? Cool!
- Do you want to learn and train under a skilled and talented Lighting Director? Who wouldn't?
- Are you looking to join a strong Production team? Yes?
- Do you demonstrate initiative with self-motivation? Yes?
- Do you have the heart to Serve? It's a must-have!
- Willing to work under pressure while maintaining deadlines?
- Can you troubleshoot with a cool head? In the middle of an event? Awesome!
- Are you dependable? Reliable?
- Are you good at taking the ball and running with it? Maybe even two or three at a time?
- Do you like being challenged? In a fast-paced, ever-changing environment?
- Are you ready to grow and to be challenged in new and exciting ways? Yes?
You Will Be….
- Installing, programming, and operating lighting for rehearsals, service, and special events
- Working with other departments and provide production support for events
- A part of a fantastic team that sets up, installs, operates, and strikes production equipment
- Working with the Technical Director on projects and provide input on various projects
- Helping to maintain all the production systems
- Attending pre-planning meetings and rehearsals
- Spending your time programming, being a shop tech, doing installations, operating, planning, working on yet unknown projects, learning much more than just production stuff
- This is a Full-Time Position – (Too much to do to be Part-Time)
- Will include some evenings and weekends – Wednesdays and Sundays are required
Ark Kids Child Care
Ark Kids childcare is all about creating a great environment that is loving, safe, and fun!
- Provide childcare for children ages birth-5th grade
- General room set-up, clean-up, toy disinfecting, and light laundry
- Capable of lifting, bending, and playing on the floor
- Engaging children through creative play, crafts, games, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years or older
- Provide your own transportation
- Possess a friendly, positive attitude towards kids and other childcare workers
- Must be dependable, patient and energetic
Work Hours: Part-time/hours vary and include some evenings and weekends as required.
If you meet the requirements, please complete the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the church office.
Download the application below
Ark Kids Child Care
We currently have two part-time, hourly positions on our Logistics Team we are looking to fill. This position works well for college students. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong work ethic and a servant's heart. The Logistics Team works behind the scenes to enhance every environment of The Ark Church.
- Logistical set-up, tear-down, and cleaning for all events and meetings
- Be present & active for daily Logistic Team huddles for the Logistics Team
- Create and communicate daily to-do lists for the team
- Make sure all tasks are done safely, timely, and efficiently
- Perform detailed walkthrough checks before services & events
- Train new Logistics team members (both staff and volunteers)
- Regularly perform tasks requiring heavy lifting -- transport boxes, furniture, etc.
- Create safe, appealing and engaging environments
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible and dependable with excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated to work independently without supervision
- Capable of heavy lifting
- Able to follow written and verbal orders accurately
- Possess a strong work ethic with a positive and professional attitude
Work Hours: Part-time / Hourly - 14-20 hours per week with Sunday rotation. Flexible schedule as needed, including occasional weekends for special events.
If you meet our requirements, please send your resume to email@example.com.