Lighting and Systems Technician
The Ark Church in Conroe, Texas (just north of Houston) is seeking a Lighting and Systems Technician who has a passion for participating in the planning, set-up, operation, and maintenance of audio, video, and lighting equipment for worship services, conferences, and special events. Working under the Technical Director to bring excellence, execution, and leadership to the Production Dept.
This position will have a strong emphasis on lighting and provide an incredible opportunity to grow, refine, and/or develop new skills. We are looking for a self-starter, motivated, problem-solving, action-oriented person. Organization and administration are a must with the flexibility to both lead and follow, respond quickly and efficiently to on-call situations, and work a flexible schedule.
We value our staff, and our employees value their role and the impact they make in transforming lives for Jesus. We place great importance on who we are as well as what we do. If you meet the requirements below, please submit your cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com. We respectfully request No phone calls, please.
Do you often ask yourself the following questions?
- Are you looking for a Job? Or a ministry where you have a purpose? Where you can belong?
- Looking to grow spiritually while getting to be a part of ministry? Looking for more than a Job?
- Do you know your way around a grandMA3 console?
- Are you familiar with Vectorworks/Google SketchUp? Want to Learn?
- Know the difference in conventional, LED, Intelligent/Moving fixtures? Cool!
- Do you want to learn and train under a skilled and talented Lighting Director? Who wouldn't?
- Are you looking to join a strong Production team? Yes?
- Do you demonstrate initiative with self-motivation? Yes?
- Do you have the heart to Serve? It's a must-have!
- Willing to work under pressure while maintaining deadlines?
- Can you troubleshoot with a cool head? In the middle of an event? Awesome!
- Are you dependable? Reliable?
- Are you good at taking the ball and running with it? Maybe even two or three at a time?
- Do you like being challenged? In a fast-paced, ever-changing environment?
- Are you ready to grow and to be challenged in new and exciting ways? Yes?
You Will Be….
- Installing, programming, and operating lighting for rehearsals, service, and special events
- Working with other departments and provide production support for events
- A part of a fantastic team that sets up, installs, operates, and strikes production equipment
- Working with the Technical Director on projects and provide input on various projects
- Helping to maintain all the production systems
- Attending pre-planning meetings and rehearsals
- Spending your time programming, being a shop tech, doing installations, operating, planning, working on yet unknown projects, learning much more than just production stuff
- This is a Full-Time Position – (Too much to do to be Part-Time)
- Will include some evenings and weekends – Wednesdays and Sundays are required
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We respectfully request no phone calls, please.
Part-Time Audio Engineer/Systems Tech
As part of our Technical Team at The Ark Church (located in Conroe, Texas), you will participate in planning, setting up, operating, and maintaining audio, video, and lighting equipment for Sunday and Wednesday worship services, outreaches, and special events. This position will have a strong emphasis on Audio Engineering for services and events. The Audio Engineer/Systems Tech is responsible for managing and executing all of the live production, events, and services of the various departments of The Ark Church with emphasis on excellence and maintaining the core standards set by The Ark Church. Manage event scheduling and ensures all events are staffed as needed.
- A technically minded and gifted person called to serve
- Passionate about excellence in production, not perfection
- An effective troubleshooter with a cool head and a positive attitude
- Called with a passion for technical production
- Flexible, creative, innovative, adaptable thinker who likes to think outside of the box
- Strong technical knowledge in production arts
- Excellent initiative with solid interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Attention to Detail
- High School Diploma
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-year of experience in live events production
Responsibilities / Skills
- Audio Engineer for worship services - (knowledge of AVID and Yamaha Digital Consoles)
- Working knowledge of Roland M48 Mixers, REAC Protocol, and Software
- Responsible for the main stage and other venue stages throughout campus
- Be part of a vibrant, creative, and fast-paced production team
- Required to work all services, Christmas and Easter as well as other events outside regular hours
- Wear a two-way radio with a surveillance kit and wireless communication - when needed
- Be able to lift 50lbs, stand on your feet for lengths of time
- Sunday 5:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 5:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
If you are the right person for the job, we would love to meet you. Submit your cover letter, resume, list of references, weblink to audio recordings of your mixing to email@example.com. We respectfully request no phone calls, please.