IT Support Specialist
The Ark Church is looking for a passionate, quick-learning, self-motivated and ministry-minded individual to join our IT Team. As the IT Support Specialist, you will be the first line of support for the technology used by our staff, volunteers and attendees. You’ll be a part of a team that works hard and fast to provide a high level of customer service and technical expertise. Working for The Ark is more than a job, it’s a calling!
- Responding to support tickets in a friendly, effective & timely fashion
- Troubleshooting diverse hardware and software issues
- Proactively researching the internet for answers to your growing list of questions
- Rapidly tracking every task that crosses your desk
Working with our other more experienced team members to pull back the curtain of the internet and gaze upon its face
- Getting tied up in the wild schemes and projects your manager insists have something to do with IT
- Using your skills as an organized problem-solver
Installing, maintaining and updating all IT equipment, large and small
- Other duties as assigned
- Consistent, friendly and efficient IT Support to staff and volunteers.
- Deliver necessary training to end-users on technology as needed
- Create Great Environments by constantly looking to improve IT support and processes
- Familiarity with all major device operating systems (Mac, iOS, Windows, Android)
- Troubleshoot issues via our helpdesk systems and maintains updated status on tickets
- Performs scheduled maintenance and updates to computers, peripherals, and network equipment as needed
- Responsible for keeping all devices in an efficient and functional state
Maintains the inventory of all hardware and consumables used
- Works with IT Team on purchases, proposed improvements and changes as needed
- Familiarity with modern computer operating systems (Mac, Windows, Server OS’s)
Knowledge in mobile platforms (iOS, Android)
- Basic experience in computer software and hardware maintenance
- General understanding and proficiency of network technologies and processes
- Ability to be a self-starter with a coachable attitude, a drive to grow, learn and adapt to changing technologies
- Have strong & effective time and task management skills
- Heart and calling for using technology to reach people for Christ
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical end-users at all levels of the organization
- Experience in supporting end-users in a small-business or corporate environment
Hours: Full Time
- 9 am - 5 pm Monday & Thursday
- 9 am - 8:00 pm Tuesday
- 11 am - 8:30 pm - Wednesday
- 7 am - 1 pm Sunday
Other hours as assigned for special projects and approved for by the direct report.
We value our staff and our staff value their role and the impact they make in transforming lives for Jesus. We place great importance on who we are as well as what we do.
If you meet the requirements below please submit your cover letter, resume and list of references to email@example.com.
Administrative Assistant in the Volunteer Department
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant in the Volunteer department who has strong communication skills, is detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated. The qualified person will have the ability to work independently and work well as part of a team. You must be a fast learner, goal-oriented, with strong computer and writing skills. This person must also have excellent people skills and the ability to multitask. This position is more than a job it is a calling.
Ideal Personality Traits:
3-5 years of experience as an administrative assistant preferred. Outgoing, dependable, energetic, with a sense of humor, strong work ethic, positive, professional, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate must be passionate about getting people connected to the ideal department within the church. You must be a strong motivator, and work with a servant’s heart. This position requires incredible customer service and problem-solving skills. If you are bilingual it is helpful, but not required.
This job requires motivating people to become and stay connected to the church. Igniting a passion for people to serve the Lord.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, One Note).
- Process and review volunteer applications, keeping all information confidential.
- Connecting volunteers with the right department for the benefit of the volunteer and the department.
- Plan, assist, coordinate volunteer events, and projects.
- Write, edit, compose, and send volunteer communication.
- Management of volunteers in person, online, and within the church’s volunteer management software.
- Run weekly reports on volunteer applications, background checks, and departmental follow up.
- Incredible customer service skills.
Other duties as assigned.
Schedule: 40+ hours/week, Sunday - Thursday
If you meet our requirements please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AK Care Positions
AK Care positions are available for those 18 years or older who are friendly, dependable, and great with children. Hours vary and include some evenings and weekends. If you are interested please complete the application and email it to email@example.com or drop it off at the church office.
Ideal Personality: Great with children, patient, dependable, punctual, team player, flexible, positive, energetic, coachable, and responsible.
Passion for: Creating a great environment for children that is loving, safe, and fun.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Provide your own transportation
- Able to care for children birth-5th grade
- Capable of lifting, bending, and playing on the floor
- Engaging with children through creative play, crafts, games, etc.
- General room set-up, clean-up, toy disinfecting, and occasional light laundry
- Other duties as assigned
Work Hours: Part-time hours vary and include some evenings/weekends as events occur and schedule requires.
**Childcare is unavailable for this position.
If you meet our requirements, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the application below
AK Care Positions
Position: Logistics Lead
Ministry Area: Church Wide
Accountable to: Logistics Coordinator, Operations Administrator, & Executive Pastor
The position is part-time - hourly
Spiritual Gifts: Hospitality, Service, Encouragement
Talents/Abilities: Excellent people skills, Leadership, Ability to multitask, Highly organized, Ability to follow written/verbal orders accurately, Be a self-starter and work independently in the absence of supervision, Capable of frequent heavy lifting
Ideal Personality: Team player, Servant’s heart, Strong work ethic, Positive, Energetic, Self-motivator, Detail attentive, Dependable, Flexible, Coachable
Passion for: Maximizing the facility impressions and creating great environments at The Ark Church. Connecting people to Christ and equipping them for growth and ministry.
- Partner with the Logistics Coordinator to create expectations to time manage, delegate, and participate in the logistical set-up, tear-down and cleaning for events, meetings, and other activities (including items on the long term project lists).
- Create, communicate, and maintain daily to-do lists, and be present & active at the beginning of day huddles for the Logistics team to ensure the above tasks are done safely, timely, and efficiently.
- Be available as the first point of contact for questions/troubleshooting from the Logistics team and Innerfaith volunteers .
- Perform detailed walkthrough checks before services.
- Train new Logistics team members (both staff and volunteers).
- Regularly perform tasks requiring heavy lifting -- transport boxes, furniture, etc.
- Cultivate an outlook to offer safe, appealing, engaging, and helpful environments in every situation that needs it.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Hours: Hourly, flexible as needed, including occasional weekends as events occur, and special events.
If you meet the requirements, please send your resume to email@example.com. We respectfully request No Phone Calls, please.