Employment at the Ark
The Ark Church greatly values its employees and provides a fun, Christ-centered, fast-paced work environment. To accomplish our mission of connecting people to Christ and equipping them for growth and ministry, The Ark Church is committed to employing the most talented and qualified individuals for each position.
To apply for any of our job opportunities, please send your resume and reference information to [email protected] (only complete submissions will be considered). Please include the position name for which you are applying in the email subject line. No phone calls, please.
IT Systems Administrator
We are seeking an IT Systems Administrator who has a passion for participating in planning, set-up, operation and maintenance of all IT related hardware and software. Working under the Technical Director to bring excellence, execution, and leadership to the IT Dept.
If you meet the requirements below please submit your cover letter, resume, and list of references to [email protected]. We respectfully request No Phone Calls Please.
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline internal operations
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve attendee experience
- Maintain and oversee the function of public-facing technology including web-based software, POS systems, and web kiosks
- Administrate infrastructure including networking equipment, data storage, wired/wireless access, virtual and remote assets, and other processes.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways The Ark can improve
- Maintain ‘customer-first’ mentality by operating with a sense of urgency and service to others
- Maintain and monitor on prem Firewalls, Application Servers, Network Devices, Switches, AP’s
- Maintain and Install network equipment, Racks, Cabling, Servers
- Maintain and update network and infrastructure documentation for IT staff
- Oversight and maintenance of on prem phone system.
- Provide internal analysis and support in relation to network capacity and uptime and future planning and performance
- Document procedures for and coordinate execution of general administration, such as adding and configuring new users, managing backups, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 support for escalated helpdesk requests
- Work with volunteers
- All other duties as needed / assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of network administration or system administration experience.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, projects, and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Able to learn new technology systems quickly and efficiently
- Administration Experience with Microsoft 365 platform and services including but not limited to Azure Portal, Intune, AAD, Azure SQL DB, Azure VMs, and Azure Networking
- Experience with Windows Server Administration 2016 & 2019, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Hyper-V, Group Policy
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Experience supporting Apple devices including macOS, iOS & iPadOS, Apple MDM
- Experience supporting, maintaining, and configuring Windows and Linux Servers
- Experience supporting Ubiquiti network equipment is preferred; a comprehensive understanding of network protocols and design is required
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- A willingness to work with a small, dynamic team in a fast-paced, fast-growing environment
- Usage and understanding of modern web and mobile applications
- Ability to demonstrate Christian faith and values in all aspects of work
- Industry Certifications, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, Net+ etc.
- Scripting languages: Bash, PowerShell, Azure CLI
- Rock RMS church management platform experience
- Sunday-Thursday, Services, plus Special Events as required.
- Competitive Salary, based on experience and qualifications
If you are the right person for the job, we would love to meet you. Submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. We respectfully request no phone calls, please.
Housekeeping Team Member
The Housekeeping and Logistics teams work together behind the scenes to enhance every environment of The Ark Church. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong work ethic and a servant's heart.
Our team members are:
- detail attentive
- flexible and dependable
- trustworthy and show integrity
- able to follow written/verbal directions accurately
- great with time management
- self-starters that can thrive in independent work in the absence of supervision.
- General Housekeeping – dusting, window cleaning, vacuuming, restroom maintenance, polishing, laundry, etc.
- Periodically perform deeper cleaning, including using carpet & upholstery cleaners and sanitation equipment.
- Average 20-24 hours
- Based as 6am–noon Monday and Thursday, 6am–2pm Tuesday and Wednesday.
- With occasional, additional-hour opportunities that would arise with the needs of ministry
Custodial or housekeeping experience is preferred but optional.
If you meet our qualifications, we would love to talk with you! Please download the application below and email it to [email protected] or drop it by the church office during regular business hours.
Download the application below
Housekeeping Team Member
AK Care positions are available for those 18 years or older who are friendly, dependable, and great with children. Hours vary and include some evenings and weekends. If interested, an application can be obtained HERE. Please complete and email to [email protected] or drop off at the main church office. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Ideal Personality: Great with children, patient, dependable, punctual, team player, flexible, positive, energetic, coachable, and responsible.
Passion for: Creating an excellent environment for children that is loving, safe, and fun.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Provide own transportation
- Able to care for children birth-5th grade
- Capable of lifting, bending, playing on the floor
- Engaging with children through creative play, crafts, games, etc.
- General room set-up, clean-up, toy disinfecting, and occasional light laundry
- Other duties as assigned
Part-time hours vary and include some evenings/weekends as events occur and the schedule requires.
Download the application below
Part-Time Audio Engineer/Systems Tech
As part of our Technical Team at The Ark Church (located in Conroe, Texas), you will participate in planning, setting up, operating, and maintaining audio, video, and lighting equipment for Sunday and Wednesday worship services, outreaches, and special events. This position will have a strong emphasis on Audio Engineering for services and events. The Audio Engineer/Systems Tech is responsible for managing and executing all of the live production, events, and services of the various departments of The Ark Church with emphasis on excellence and maintaining the core standards set by The Ark Church. Manage event scheduling and ensures all events are staffed as needed.
- A technically minded and gifted person called to serve
- Passionate about excellence in production, not perfection
- An effective troubleshooter with a cool head and a positive attitude
- Called with a passion for technical production
- Flexible, creative, innovative, adaptable thinker who likes to think outside of the box
- Strong technical knowledge in production arts
- Excellent initiative with solid interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Attention to Detail
- High School Diploma
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-year of experience in live events production
Responsibilities / Skills:
- Audio Engineer for worship services - (knowledge of AVID and Yamaha Digital Consoles)
- Working knowledge of Roland M48 Mixers, REAC Protocol, and Software
- Responsible for the main stage and other venue stages throughout campus
- Be part of a vibrant, creative, and fast-paced production team
- Required to work all services, Christmas and Easter as well as other events outside regular hours
- Wear a two-way radio with a surveillance kit and wireless communication - when needed
- Be able to lift 50lbs, stand on your feet for lengths of time
- Sunday 5:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 5:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
If you are the right person for the job, we would love to meet you. Submit your cover letter, resume, and weblink to audio recordings of your mixing to [email protected]. We respectfully request no phone calls, please.