Employment at the Ark
The Ark Church greatly values its employees and provides a fun, Christ-centered, fast-paced work environment. To accomplish our mission of connecting people to Christ and equipping them for growth and ministry, The Ark Church is committed to employing the most talented and qualified individuals for each position.
To apply for any of our job opportunities, please send your resume and reference information to firstname.lastname@example.org (only complete submissions will be considered). Please include the position name for which you are applying in the email subject line. No phone calls, please.
Lighting and Systems Technician
The Ark Church in Conroe, Texas (just north of Houston) is seeking a Lighting and Systems Technician who has a passion for participating in the planning, set-up, operation, and maintenance of audio, video, and lighting equipment for worship services, conferences, and special events. Working under the Technical Director to bring excellence, execution, and leadership to the Production Dept.
This position will have a strong emphasis on lighting and provide an incredible opportunity to grow, refine, and/or develop new skills. We are looking for a self-starter, motivated, problem-solving, action-oriented person. Organization and administration are a must with the flexibility to both lead and follow, respond quickly and efficiently to on-call situations, and work a flexible schedule.
We value our staff, and our employees value their role and the impact they make in transforming lives for Jesus. We place great importance on who we are as well as what we do. If you meet the requirements below, please submit your cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com. We respectfully request No phone calls, please.
Do you often ask yourself the following questions?
- Are you looking for a Job? Or a ministry where you have a purpose? Where you can belong?
- Looking to grow spiritually while getting to be a part of ministry? Looking for more than a Job?
- Do you know your way around a grandMA3 console?
- Are you familiar with Vectorworks/Google SketchUp? Want to Learn?
- Know the difference in conventional, LED, Intelligent/Moving fixtures? Cool!
- Do you want to learn and train under a skilled and talented Lighting Director? Who wouldn't?
- Are you looking to join a strong Production team? Yes?
- Do you demonstrate initiative with self-motivation? Yes?
- Do you have the heart to Serve? It's a must-have!
- Willing to work under pressure while maintaining deadlines?
- Can you troubleshoot with a cool head? In the middle of an event? Awesome!
- Are you dependable? Reliable?
- Are you good at taking the ball and running with it? Maybe even two or three at a time?
- Do you like being challenged? In a fast-paced, ever-changing environment?
- Are you ready to grow and to be challenged in new and exciting ways? Yes?
You Will Be….
- Installing, programming, and operating lighting for rehearsals, service, and special events
- Working with other departments and provide production support for events
- A part of a fantastic team that sets up, installs, operates, and strikes production equipment
- Working with the Technical Director on projects and provide input on various projects
- Helping to maintain all the production systems
- Attending pre-planning meetings and rehearsals
- Spending your time programming, being a shop tech, doing installations, operating, planning, working on yet unknown projects, learning much more than just production stuff
- This is a Full-Time Position – (Too much to do to be Part-Time)
- Will include some evenings and weekends – Wednesdays and Sundays are required
IT Support Specialist
As the IT Support Specialist, you will be the first line of support for the technology used by our staff, volunteers, and attendees. You'll be a part of a team that works hard and fast to provide a high level of customer service and technical expertise. Working for The Ark is more than a job; it's a calling!
- Works with IT team members to complete projects, purchases, and proposed improvements and changes
- Performs scheduled maintenance and updates to computers, peripherals, and network equipment
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Installing, maintaining and updating all IT equipment, large and small
- IT Support to staff and volunteers
- Training to end-users on technology
- Maintain inventory and functional state of all hardware and consumables
- Other duties as assigned
- At least one year of experience in computer software and hardware maintenance (Mac, Windows, Server OS)
- General understanding of network technologies and processes
- A passion for learning with a coachable attitude
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Experience interacting with a broad range of personalities
- Experience in supporting end-users in a small-business or corporate environment
- A+ Certification is a plus but not required
Hours: Full Time – 40 hours/week
9am - 5pm Monday & Thursday
9am - 8:00pm Tuesday
11am - 8:30pm - Wednesday
7am - 1pm Sunday
If you meet the requirements, submit your cover letter, resume, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ark Kids Child Care
Ark Kids childcare is all about creating a great environment that is loving, safe, and fun!
- Provide childcare for children ages birth-5th grade
- General room set-up, clean-up, toy disinfecting, and light laundry
- Capable of lifting, bending, and playing on the floor
- Engaging children through creative play, crafts, games, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years or older
- Provide your own transportation
- Possess a friendly, positive attitude towards kids and other childcare workers
- Must be dependable, patient and energetic
Work Hours: Part-time/hours vary and include some evenings and weekends as required.
If you meet the requirements, please complete the application and email it to email@example.com or drop it off at the church office.
Download the application below
Ark Kids Child Care
We currently have two part-time, hourly positions on our Logistics Team we are looking to fill. This position works well for college students. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong work ethic and a servant's heart. The Logistics Team works behind the scenes to enhance every environment of The Ark Church.
- Logistical set-up, tear-down, and cleaning for all events and meetings
- Be present & active for daily Logistic Team huddles for the Logistics Team
- Create and communicate daily to-do lists for the team
- Make sure all tasks are done safely, timely, and efficiently
- Perform detailed walkthrough checks before services & events
- Train new Logistics team members (both staff and volunteers)
- Regularly perform tasks requiring heavy lifting -- transport boxes, furniture, etc.
- Create safe, appealing and engaging environments
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible and dependable with excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated to work independently without supervision
- Capable of heavy lifting
- Able to follow written and verbal orders accurately
- Possess a strong work ethic with a positive and professional attitude
Work Hours: Part-time / Hourly - 14-20 hours per week with Sunday rotation. Flexible schedule as needed, including occasional weekends for special events.
If you meet our requirements, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.