Employment at the Ark
The Ark Church greatly values its employees and provides a fun, Christ-centered, fast-paced work environment. To accomplish our mission of connecting people to Christ and equipping them for growth and ministry, The Ark Church is committed to employing the most talented and qualified individuals for each position.
To apply for any of our job opportunities, please send your resume and reference information to [email protected] (only complete submissions will be considered). Please include the position name for which you are applying in the email subject line. No phone calls, please.
Help Desk Support
As part of our IT Team, you will provide Tier 1 Helpdesk support, including end-user support, routine computer maintenance, upgrades, and configurations. Provide outstanding customer service to staff and other end users. Perform necessary maintenance of IT Infrastructure while developing an understanding of the requirements of staff users, problem resolution, installation of hardware and software.
- Provide quick and accurate problem resolution of Help Desk tickets, utilize and maintain the Helpdesk tracking system, and use discretion for appropriate escalation of issues.
- Assist with onboarding of new users through training, set up/modifying configurations, utilities, etc. Includes imaging, installing, testing, and configuration of new workstations, peripherals, equipment, and software.
- Ability to support and train users on Windows, macOS, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Maintain inventory of all IT equipment, software, and licenses.
- Demand computers obey your every order and erase their memory if they don’t.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades and maintenance as required.
- Diagnose and resolve computer software and hardware problems, escalating to vendor support when necessary.
- Provide new user orientations and on-the-spot user training in software and procedures as needed.
- Organize and maintain IT tools, supplies, and equipment.
- Google-foo, Geek-foo, and other foo related knowledge
- Maintain accurate documentation of systems, equipment, and procedures.
- Cultivate relationships and communication with other departments.
- Ability to see the humor in the crazy task you might be required to perform.
- Create and Maintain Active Directory Users and Groups (On-Prem and Azure)
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Continually work with the IT Team to investigate innovative technologies, processes, and best practices to equip our staff and volunteers to achieve the vision of senior leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Has a personal relationship with Christ and is committed to being part of the Ark Church Family.
- High-Quality Service-minded skill set, strong listening skills, focus, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Able to lift 50lbs and run cable in ceilings and crawl spaces.
- A desire to learn and continuously improve
- Self-starter with strong discretion on when to escalate issues or involve others. Strong follow-up and communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and other Microsoft Technologies
- 2+ years prior experience with Computer & Networking Experience. Help Desk Tier I experience preferred.
If you are convinced you are the right person for the job, we would love to meet you. Submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We respectfully request No Phone Calls Please.
It Systems Administrator
As part of our I.T. Team at The Ark Church (located in Conroe, Texas), you will participate in planning, setting up, operating, and maintaining servers, network, and cloud infrastructure. This position will have a strong emphasis on Networking, and Microsoft 365 solutions. The Systems Administrator Technician is responsible for managing all day to day task of our IT Systems, supporting Church Services, and working with the various departments of The Ark Church with emphasis on excellence and maintaining the core standards set by The Ark Church.
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline internal operations
- Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve attendee experience
- Maintain and oversee the function of public-facing technology including web-based software, POS systems, and web kiosks
- Administrate infrastructure including networking equipment, data storage, wired/wireless access, virtual and remote assets, and other processes.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways The Ark can improve
- Maintain ‘customer-first’ mentality by operating with a sense of urgency and service to others
- Maintain and monitor on prem Firewalls, Application Servers, Network Devices, Switches, AP’s
- Maintain and Install network equipment, Racks, Cabling,Servers
- Maintain and update network and infrastructure documentation for IT staff
- Oversight and maintenance of on prem phone system.
- Provide internal analysis and support in relation to network capacity and uptime and future planning and performance
- Document procedures for and coordinate execution of general administration, such as adding and configuring new users, managing backups, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 support for escalated help desk requests
- Work with volunteer.
- All other duties as needed / assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of network administration, or system administration experience.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, projects, and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Able to learn new technology systems quickly and efficiently
- Administration Experience with Microsoft 365 platform and services including but not limited to Azure Portal, Intune, AAD, Azure SQL DB, Azure VMs and Azure Networking
- Experience withWindowsServer Administration2016 & 2019,Active Directory, DNS, DHCP,Hyper-V, Group Policy
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing help desk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
- Experience supporting Apple devices including macOS, iOS &iPadOS, AppleMDM
- Experience supporting, maintaining and configuring Windows and Linux Servers
- Experience supporting Ubiquiti network equipment is preferred, a comprehensive understanding of network protocols and design is required
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- A willingness to work with a small, dynamic team in a fast-paced, fast-growing environment
- Usage and understanding of modern web and mobile applications
- Ability to demonstrate Christian faith and values in all aspects of work
- Industry Certifications, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, Net+, Security+ etc.
- Scripting languages: Bash,PowerShell, Azure CLI
- Rock RMS church management platform experience
- Sunday-Thursday, Services, plus Special Events as required.
If you are convinced you are the right person for the job, we would love to meet you. Submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. We respectfully request No Phone Calls Please.
AK Care positions are available for those 18 years or older who are friendly, dependable, and great with children. Hours vary and include some evenings and weekends. If interested, an application can be obtained HERE. Please complete and email to [email protected] or drop off at the main church office. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Ideal Personality: Great with children, patient, dependable, punctual, team player, flexible, positive, energetic, coachable, and responsible.
Passion for: Creating an excellent environment for children that is loving, safe, and fun.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Provide own transportation
- Able to care for children birth-5th grade
- Capable of lifting, bending, playing on the floor
- Engaging with children through creative play, crafts, games, etc.
- General room set-up, clean-up, toy disinfecting, and occasional light laundry
- Other duties as assigned
Part-time hours vary and include some evenings/weekends as events occur and the schedule requires.
Download the application below
Part-Time Audio Engineer/Systems Tech
As part of our Technical Team at The Ark Church (located in Conroe, Texas), you will participate in planning, setting up, operating, and maintaining audio, video, and lighting equipment for Sunday and Wednesday worship services, outreaches, and special events. This position will have a strong emphasis on Audio Engineering for services and events. The Audio Engineer/Systems Tech is responsible for managing and executing all of the live production, events, and services of the various departments of The Ark Church with emphasis on excellence and maintaining the core standards set by The Ark Church. Manage event scheduling and ensures all events are staffed as needed.
- A technically minded and gifted person called to serve
- Passionate about excellence in production, not perfection
- An effective troubleshooter with a cool head and a positive attitude
- Called with a passion for technical production
- Flexible, creative, innovative, adaptable thinker who likes to think outside of the box
- Strong technical knowledge in production arts
- Excellent initiative with solid interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Attention to Detail
- High School Diploma
- Associates or bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-year of experience in live events production
Responsibilities / Skills
- Audio Engineer for worship services - (knowledge of AVID and Yamaha Digital Consoles)
- Working knowledge of Roland M48 Mixers, REAC Protocol, and Software
- Responsible for the main stage and other venue stages throughout campus
- Be part of a vibrant, creative, and fast-paced production team
- Required to work all services, Christmas and Easter as well as other events outside regular hours
- Wear a two-way radio with a surveillance kit and wireless communication - when needed
- Be able to lift 50lbs, stand on your feet for lengths of time
- Sunday 5:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 5:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
If you are the right person for the job, we would love to meet you. Submit your cover letter, resume, list of references, weblink to audio recordings of your mixing to [email protected] We respectfully request no phone calls, please.